Here, we have all sorts of questions and answers for professionals who want to prepare for the interview and clear it on the first take. If this is your case, too, then you may look for VMware questions and answers. Ample candidates get appeared for the interview on a single day, but only some were chosen. If you want to be among them, then never try to miss these questions and answers that we will share soon.
There is a pool of opportunities from many giant companies worldwide, and as per the Market Share of Vmware, which is 13.94%, you should go for it. Thus, you have a chance to move forward in the career path through the certificate guide of VMware.
Here, we offer VMware interview questions in 2017 that help you crack the interview and obtain your dream career as a developer in VMware. So, let us have a look at these questions and answers below.
What do you mean by VMware, and what are its advantages?
In simple words, VMWare is a company that provides software as well as virtualization applications. The company has two levels of products, such as Server applications and desktop applications. It is helpful for the following:
- It is good to run multiple OS and apps on one computer.
- It consolidates hardware to acquire higher productivity from a few servers.
- It saves fifty percent of the full cost of spending on Information Technology.
- It makes it easier to manage IT as well as speed up the new app deployment.
What are the various kinds of virtualization available?
There are diverse virtualization types, including application virtualization, network virtualization, presentation virtualization, and storage virtualization.
Enlist various kinds of server software do VMWare proffers?
Three types of VMWare server software are provided, namely VMWare Server, VMWare ESX Server, and VMWareESXiServer.
What is a hypervisor?
Simply put, it is a program that allows more operating systems to share a single hardware host. Every OS has its processor, memory as well as other resources. The control of the resources and host processors has been done by the hypervisor and assigning what is needed for a single operating system and ensuring that the guest OS cannot disrupt the same.
What is RDM?
It stands for Raw device mapping; it is a kind of mapping file situated in VMFS volume and works as a proxy for the physical device available for storage. It enables the virtual machine to write and read through the storage, and it comprises Metadata to handle and redirect the disk towards the physical device. With the help of RDM, we can utilize the Vmotion & file system, and also, we can add raw LUNs to the virtual machine.
Explain VMWare DRS?
It abbreviates as Distributed Resource Scheduler, and dynamically, it balances resources across the different hosts under a cluster or pool of resources. It allows the user to figure out the rules and policies based on which you can choose virtual machines to deploy resources, and the same should be prioritized to more than one virtual machine.
What is FT logging traffic?
In the VMKernelport setting, FT logging is an option, which is more or less the same as allowing the Vmotion option as available with VMKernelport.
What are the different elements used in the infrastructure of VMWare?
Here are some of the different components that are being used in VMWare infrastructure involves:
- It comprises the lowest layer that works as a server cost of ESX.
- It uses the central server of virtual, which keeps all track of the VMWare attached pictures and handles it to the point.
- VMWare infrastructure client allows the client to confabulate with the applications of the user running on VMWare.
- Web-browser can be used in the accessibility of the virtual machine.
- Database servers are allowed to do database maintenance.
These can be easily used under why VMwarensx interview questions.
1. Explain the vCloud Suite.
It combines with multiple VMWare components to provide a set of cloud infrastructure abilities in one package, involving the recovery of disaster, virtualization, and application management.
2. What are the storage and availability in vCloud Suite?
The storage, as well as availability in cloud Suite, involves the following:
- Storage DRS: place as well as load balance virtual machines relied on storage capacity and I/O capacity.
- Storage vMotion: Employs non-disruptive storage and proactive migration to decrease virtual machine storage and free up valuable storage capacity.
- Application HA: It acquires the high availability that is restricted to a certain application.
These are included in the vCloud Computing Suite.
3. Explain various new features available in vSphere 5?
In the newest version of vSphere 5.5, it involves:
- Virtual Machine Enhancement
- vSphere Networking Enhancements
- VMWare vCenter Server Enhancement
- ESXi Hypervisor Enhancement
Some features that have been included in VMW are questions and answers.
4. What do you mean by VSS?
It stands for Virtual Standard is accountable for confabulation of VMs hosted on one physical host. Automatically, it detects a VW, which needs to confabulate with other VM on the same server virtually.
5. Explain some of the features of the VMWare tool.
Some of the features related to the VMWare tool, which we have mentioned below.
- The interface of the web browser
- It proffers an easy and simple wizard for the configuration of the setting.
- Easy Virtual machines maintenance
These need to be remembered under the latest VMware internship interview questions.
6. Define the term that is “VMKernel.”
In simple words, VMWare Kernel is a Kernel for VMWare. It requires an OS to boot as well as handle the kernel. A service console is being offered when they boot the VMWare Kernel.
7. What is the motive for using Virtual Machine Port Group?
The port group of Virtual group assists in Virtual machine communication.