Ulysses writing app update bringing full-featured aspect by-side
editor to iPad and improved blog integration
The famous writing app for Mac and iOS, Ulysses, is ready to release a brand new update next week with a purpose to deliver what the enterprise calls the arena’s first “full-featured split view enhancing on iPad.” Also arriving with the replace is the elevated guide for publishing without delay to blogs.
Ulysses shared info on the update that is expected to reach on Monday, May 27th in a press release.
A new version of Ulysses, the award-winning writing app for Mac, iPad, and iPhone helps direct publishing to Ghost blogs. Furthermore, Ulysses goes to provide the primary full-featured editor cut up view on iPad, to allow users paintings with two texts at a time. The replace, which is free for Ulysses subscribers, may be available on May 27, 2019.
Notably, this new split view mode is extraordinary than Apple’s iOS characteristic “Split View,” where you could run two apps without delay. Instead of two unique instances of the same app, Ulysses is supplying users a twin-view of the same app, with full-featured manipulate for every window (similar to the facet-through-facet tabs function in Safari on iPad). Here’s how the developer describes the brand new aspect-by-facet mode on Ulysses for iPad (proven above):
Now with this release, break up view modifying comes to iPad. Ulysses’ customers can not only display and edit two texts at a time, scroll both texts simultaneously, and element the to be had display screen area at will between the two editors. With a cut-up view together with complete-featured app windows, they’re also capable of navigating and of revealing an export preview after an editor, to see what their output goes to appear like while they write.
The other foremost feature arriving with this update is the guide for publishing from Ulysses directly to Ghost blogs. Previously, the app supported doing this for just WordPress and Medium
Ghost, the contemporary addition to the integrations, is a publishing platform that specializes in blogs and online publications. Due to its simplicity, safety, and velocity, some of the maximum revolutionary agencies within the global chose to depend on Ghost for their online publishing desires. “We’re happy to offer our customers a more preference, and the integration of Ghost, mainly, noticed plenty of requests”, says Max Seelemann, Ulysses cofounder and head of development. “Ghost is a cutting-edge, mild-weight WordPress opportunity, and they comply with their purpose to supply the exceptional gear for online publishing with admirable dedication. It’s a first-rate healthy for Ulysses.”
Keep a watch out on the App Store on Monday to download this unfastened replace for Ulysses. If you’re no longer a user already, after a 14-day unfastened trial, Ulysses offers monthly plans from $5 and yearly plans from $30. The app also offers students a discount with pricing at $12 for six months.
Full release notes:
# The Ghost Release
– Added publishing to the Ghost platform
– Preview blog posts before publishing
– Publish blog posts to Ghost.Io or your self-hosted blogs
– Include metadata consisting of featured photograph, keywords, excerpt and put up URL
– Added Split View to iPad
– Keep editors open at the identical time in panorama orientation
– See export preview while editing
– Added syntax highlighting for extra programming languages
– Mathematica, Vimscript, Smalltalk, GraphQL, Handlebars
## Changes and Improvements
– Shared sheets at the moment are exported in a compressed format (fixes a multitude of sharing problems)
– Updated first launch experience to make it less complicated for brand new customers to get to realize the app
– Fixed deleting dreams for corporations
– Fixed phrase rely on Chinese text
– Fixed crash while exporting with a damaged export style